1. In a cereal bowl, cover the cashews with water and let soak 8 hours or overnight. (If using the raw crust recipe below, you can make that while you wait.)
2. Drain and pat completely dry
3. Combine all ingredients (including the 1/4 cup water) in a high-quality food processor or Vitamix and process for 6-7 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
4.Pour into a prepared crust—either a graham cracker crust or the
Raw crust recipe:
- just over 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- up to 1 tbsp water, if needed
1. Line a round 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. Combine all crust ingredients except water in a high-quality food processor (not a blender) until fine crumbles form. If the mixture is too dry, add the water.
3.Press the crust mixture into the prepared pan, then cover and freeze until ready to use.
4. Store the raw cheesecake in the freezer for up to 2 weeks, and thaw 15-20 minutes before serving.